The company was founded in 1920 in Cantù by Nino Romano, in a small artisan shop in the heart of Brianza. The initial production is focused on classic style solid wood furniture, continued by Mario Riva, son-in-law of the founder, in the 40s. Over the years, new technologies are introduced in the processing of wood, intended for the production of bespoke furniture. In 1992, the company presented its furniture collection for the first time at the Salone del Mobile in Milan. The Riva Center was born in 2010, a building designed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop, which in 2017 houses the Pangea table, designed by Michele de Lucchi and symbol of Expo 2015.